I’m going to make something perfectly clear before I start on this post:
I am not a racist. I do not believe that any one race is superior to another. I also don’t care what race, sex, gender or religion you are; no one deserves to be discriminated against. A person also does not deserve any special privileges depending on what race, gender, sexual preference, or religion they may be. I also do not believe that anyone should enjoy special “privileges” in getting a leg up on any other race or group to equalize a perceived “social injustice.”
The continued protests of various groups over the holiday season sickens me. The protests, violent or not, illustrate to me that these groups cherry pick the topics and facts to fit their agenda or agendas. For instance:
“Black Lives Matter” – shouldn’t it be “All Lives Matter?” Not to the groups with an agenda. Instead of focusing on what the facts of the case are, it’s blame the cops for the death of a person committing a criminal act. If black lives really do matter, shouldn’t the protests occur in neighborhoods where black on black crime (robberies, rapes, and murders) happen at an alarming rate far above the national average? Furthermore, black on white crime is hardly mentioned in the news, while white on black crime is over-reported.
Let’s look at some actual crime statistics from the FBI:
Looks like black on white murder happens a little over twice as much as white on black murder. Wouldn’t be able to tell that from the news reports…but it is mentioned in the following article from the Minneapolis StarTribune.
Today, after a civil-rights revolution (culminating in the election of the nation’s first African-American president) and $15 trillion spent on a feckless war on poverty (the official poverty rate hasn’t budged), more than 70 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock.
Consequently, unemployment and poverty remain far higher for blacks than for the rest of Americans. More disturbing, however, is the elephant in the living room that no one in the public eye seems interesting in addressing — appalling levels of crime committed by young African-American males.
One reason the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin affair garnered so much attention was the unusual nature of a white man (“white Hispanic” according to CNN) allegedly accosting a black teen. Sadly, when it comes to interracial crime, the reverse is anything but rare. To wit:
- New York City law enforcement confirms that a 62-year-old man has died from injuries suffered at the hands of a suspect who declared he was “going to punch the first white man that I see.”
- Two women, aged 24 and 32, are gang-raped by a dozen youths in a Delaware park known for such brazen crimes.
- An 88-year-old veteran of World War II is brutally beaten to death with flashlights outside a Spokane, Wash., lodge by two men between 16 and 19 years of age.
- Three wannabe gang members, two of whom were black, shoot down Australian college student Chris Lane “for the fun of it.”
- St. Paul resident Ray Widstrand is nearly beaten to death via flash mob-style violence on the city’s chaotic East Side.
- A 13-year-old boy is brutally beaten by three other teens on a Florida school bus, all captured on video.
- Another 13-year-old is doused in gasoline and set on fire by perpetrators in Kansas City telling him, “You get what you deserve, white boy.”
- 22-year-old Jody Patzner is murdered in cold blood by three teens for his bicycle in north Minneapolis — with hardly a mention of the suspects’ race by authorities or local media.
These acts of unspeakable violence perpetrated by black offenders on white victims rarely get much media attention, for fear of “subjecting an entire group of people to suspicion,” as one well-known newspaper editor recently put it.
Yet they are no statistical anomaly. While most violent crime is indeed intra-racial, 26.7 percent of homicides where the victim is a stranger are interracial. And in 2008, the offending rate for blacks (24.7 offenders per 100,000) was seven times higher than the rate for whites (3.4 offenders per 100,000), according to the latest figures from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS).
Accounting for population differences, whites are simply far more likely to be victims of interracial crime than blacks. That, of course, didn’t stop Jesse Jackson from telling the Los Angeles Times at the height of the Zimmerman frenzy that “targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business.”
Folks, the nonsense must stop – there are those who profit or gain power by such division, tactics, fear-mongering, and rabblerousing. The bottom line is that all lives matter, no matter what race or color you may be. I leave you with this quote:
“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.” – Booker T. Washington