on July 29, 2012, Charles Conner shot and killed two people and their dog at the Peach Tree RV park in Early, Texas. Vic Stacy got a call from one of the neighbors, got his .357 magnum and shot Conner as he fired upon the first police office to arrive at the scene. Stacy was credited with saving the life of the officer.
-How to Stop the Slaughter of the Innocents- from WND
This is the same thing you hear from the left every time there is a killing with a gun. The trouble is, they do not ever tell you that Chicago and Washington D.C., two cities that have the strictest gun control law on the books, has some of the highest gun crime rates in the nation. The reason for this is because law-abiding people don’t have guns now….and cannot protect themselves from the criminals who do not follow the law. Criminals have guns and have no fear in using them in crimes because no one can protect themselves anymore. Criminals choose the easiest targets to hit. An unarmed population is just that. A target.
Since the liberal left in this nation is now all atwitter over gun control and making the citizens of the United States unarm, here is some history to mull over if you think gun control is a good idea:
First we need to consider why Israel, which is a nation that is surrounded by madmen who seek to kill them off has rarely seen the kinds of mayhem that we have witnessed in places like Newtown, Connecticut.
But we have examples of times when mass murders like the one we all saw at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, were averted because the people being targeted were not left defenseless. Here are just a few examples, and I bet you haven’t heard of these in the mainstream media, have you?:
• On October 1, 1997, Luke Woodham, 16, part of a satanic cult, stabbed and bludgeoned his mother before driving her car to Pearl High School in Pearl, Miss., where he shot dead two students and wounded seven others with a rifle he made no attempt to conceal. He then got back into his mother’s car and planned to go to Pearl Junior High School to kill some more. But assistant principal Joel Myrick retrieved a .45-caliber pistol from the glove compartment of his truck and subdued Woodham.
• On January 16, 2002, Peter Odighizuwa, 43, of Nigeria, went to the Appalachian School of Law campus in Virginia with a handgun and killed three and wounded three others. At the sound of gunfire, two other students – both police officers – retrieved guns from their cars. meanwhile, another police officer and former Marine jumped Odighizuwa and disarmed him by the time the other officers got to the scene.
• On Aug. 23, 1995, a band of crack cocaine addicts entered a store in Muskegon, Mich., with a plan to kill everyone and steal enough cash and jewelry to feed their habit. One member of the gang shot store owner Clare Cooper in the back four times. He still managed to grab his shotgun and fire on the gang as they fled. They were all apprehended.
• On Dec. 9, 2007, a 24-year-old gunman named Matthew Murray launched an attack on the congregants of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs that left two victims dead. A former police officer, Jeanne Assam, a member of the security team for the church, shot Murray 10 times, killing him, as he was shooting at her. Murray had killed four others at a church 70 miles away earlier in the day.
• On July 24, 2012, Richard Gable Stevens rented a rifle at a shooting range in Santa Clara, Calif., and herded three employees out the door, saying he intended to kill them. One of the employees, however, was carrying a .45-caliber handgun and shot the assailant.
• On Dec. 17, 1991, two men armed with stolen pistols herded 20 customers and employees of a Shoney’s restaurant in Anniston, Ala., into a walk-in refrigerator and locked it so they could rob the establishment. However, one customer was armed with a .45-caliber handgun hidden under a table. He shot one of the gunmen dead. The other robber, who was holding the manager of the restaurant at gunpoint, began firing at the customer. But he was wounded critically by return fire, ending the incident.
• On July 13, 2009, an armed man entered the Golden Food Market in south Richmond, shooting and wounding a clerk while firing at store patrons. He was shot by another customer who had a concealed-carry permit, likely saving the lives of eight other people in the store.
• On July 29, 2012, Charles Conner shot and killed two people and their dogs at the Peach Tree RV park in Early, Texas. Vic Stacy got a call from one of the neighbors, got his .357 magnum and shot Conner as he fired upon the first police officer to arrive at the scene. Stacy was credited with saving the life of the officer.
The article that I got all this from was from the World Net Daily, and the article was How to stop the slaughter of the innocents, which I linked here.
The truth of the matter is, even though you will never hear this from the left, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, or the media, is that there are a lot of times that someone with the intent to kill is stopped by a good citizen who is on the spot and has a gun, and knows how to use it. Stopping the violence before it can get really bad. Virginia Tech was and is a gun free zone, and a person who wants to use a gun illegally, is going to do it in a place where he doesn’t have a chance of being shot at while he is doing the shooting. Chicago is a good example. Criminals are going hog-wild up there because they know the people of Chicago cannot by law own a gun. Same with Washington D.C.
England, has one of the worlds most strict gun control laws yet gun crimes have risen so fast that it has the officials scratching their heads. To the liberal left in this country and others, it doesn’t make sense to take away the guns and have more gun crimes. It is like I said before. Criminals are an opportunistic lot. Give them an easy way to commit their crimes….and they will take it. Take guns away from the citizens, and you give the criminals that way. Obama? You listening?
God Bless America
God Bless our troops
God Bless our ability to right wrongs