We have already paid the wages of failing to properly vet a candidate.
I have kept kind of silent on this because I was trying to figure out just what each one of the Republican Presidential candidates brought to the table, when compared to Obama. I have to smile when I say that I think any one of them could and would be a better president than Obama by far.
But, there are a few that I would not endorse. One is John Huntington. I have watched what he does and I do not see anything but a liberal in sheeps clothing, posing as a republican.
The trouble is, I see a lot of that in Romney and several of the others too, and that is something that right now this country can ill afford to have to put up with.
For a while I was leaning towards Governor Perry of Texas, though lately he has been sort of shooting himself in the foot, when he shouldn’t have been. His stance on illegal immigration gives me grave concerns, as does Romney.
I wish that Newt Gingrich wasn’t such a fluff on global warming and other things, because he is by far the smartest man in the field and in a debate, there isn’t many out there that could beat him. That is where Mr. Gingrich shines. As it stands with him, he is the one that is there now to keep the others honest in the campaign because he is not afraid to speak out when they do something wrong. But as a president, he gives grave concerns because of his eagerness to work with the democrats on Global Warming and other things that are destroying this nation from within.
What we need in this next election is someone who isn’t fluffy on issues that are dire to this nation’s security and safety. The trouble is, most are, in one way or another.
The candidates that would have made a great president have already bowed out, like Mike Pence. What we need is someone like Mr. Pence, who is Conservative to the core and believes in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the law of the land. Who believes that the borders should be closed to illegals and the illegals here sent back, or given the chance to go through the process in place to become a citizen of this great nation. Most of them do not wish to be citizens of the United States and shouldn’t be given the rights only citizens should have. But I digress.
This post, is the first of my posts about the Presidential Candidates we have now. This one, will be about Herman Cain.
Herman Cain is a successful businessman, the former head of Godfathers’ Pizza. As a presidential candidate, he has some of the best ideas out there. His 999 tax plan is a good one to be sure.
If implemented it would do these things:
• All businesses would pay a 9% flat tax. No business would get tax breaks, or anything. They would pay 9%.
It would have all businesses pay that on gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders. It would also give Empowerment Zones that would offer additional deductions for payroll employed in the zone.
• Individual Flat Tax – 9%. Gross income less charitable deductions, and empowerment Zones will offer additional deductions for those living and/or working in the zone.
• National Sales Tax – 9%. This gets the Fair Tax off the sidelines and into the game. And yes, he is for the fair tax.
So who is Herman Cain?
• Chief Executive Officer and President of THE New Voice, Inc., a business consulting company, and Head Coach of HITM (Hermanator’s Intelligent Thinkers Movement)
• Former Chairman of Godfather’s Pizza, Inc. after serving as CEO and President for ten years, 1986 – 1996. In 1988 he bought the company from The Pillsbury Company.
• Former President of the Tax Leadership Council, the public educational component of Americans for Fair Taxation.
• Past Chairman of the Board of the National Restaurant Association (1994-1995), and former full time CEO and President of the Association (1996-1999).
• Member of The National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform (1995), chaired by former Republican Vice-Presidential candidate, Jack Kemp.
• Former Member, Strategic Air Command (STRATCOM) Citizens Advisory Board, Omaha, Nebraska.
• Radio Talk Show Host, “The Herman Cain Show”, News Talk 750 WSB – Atlanta, Monday – Friday, 7pm-10pm EST.
• FOX News Business Commentator and Columnist with NorthStarNational.com, World Net Daily and DailyCaller.com.
• At a nationally televised Presidential Town Hall Meeting on Health Care Reform (1994), challenged President Bill Clinton’s health care proposal when he said, “Mr. President, with all due respect, your calculations are incorrect…”
• Served on the Boards of Directors of AGCO, Inc., Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Hallmark Cards Inc., Whirlpool, Inc.,and Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia.
• Graduated from Morehouse College with a B.S. in Mathematics in 1967. Earned his Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Purdue University in 1971. Recipient of eight Honorary Doctorate Degrees from Morehouse College, New York City Technical College; Suffolk University, Johnson & Wales University, Creighton University, Purdue University, Tougaloo College and the University of Nebraska.
• Author of four books, Leadership Is Common Sense (1997), Speak As A Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October, 2001), and They Think You’re Stupid (May, 2005).
• A native and current resident of Atlanta, Georgia. Married for over 40 years with two adult children and three grandchildren.
So, this is my post about Herman Cain. I am not endorsing him, but, he has some great ideas for what we need in a president. Another thing I like about him, is that the democrats are going bonkers over him. To them, we are being racists for opposing Obama, but, we are being racists for supporting Herman Cain. Imagine that. Sadly for them, they can’t have it both ways even though they are trying.
May God bless our efforts to help get America back, and put God back into our country.
God, Bless America. Bless Americans. And Bless us to start using more common sense.
NOTE: All information about Herman Cain is taken from his site Herman Cain for President.