This law that just passed in Arizona, which I think is a poorly conceived law, you can imagine if you are a Hispanic-American in Arizona, your great grandparents may have been there before Arizona was even a state. But now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you’re going to be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen, I — that’s not the right way to go.
-Barack Obama- on the new law in Arizona
They just don’t get it do they? First off, if the people had grandparents in Arizona before it was a state, chances are they are citizens of the United States now and have nothing to worry about. The law in Arizona is exactly what they should be doing there. they can’t afford to pay for everything that the illegals are bringing to the state. And the federal government is supposed to take care of the borders, but since they won’t do it, then the states are going too. Arizona started it all out, then came Texas, who has now petitioned to get a law mirrored after the law in Arizona. But that isn’t all. Five more states have joined in the fun, Texas and Maryland are two of them. Then there are these who are considering it. Utah, Georgia, Colorado, Maryland, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas *to introduce legislation in January* and it also lists Missouri as thinking, Oklahoma and Nebraska. Several of these are pending the result of the coming election.
The Democrats are stuck on stupid, thinking that if this law stays, then they will lose a voter base that they have worked so hard to get and keep. The illegals. And the stupid part of this are headlines that show up like “Law Makes it a Crime to be Illegal Immigrant,” as it was flashed on the screen as Contessa Brewer, anchor of MSNBC describes the “firestorm” over the newly passed law in Arizona, as she fretted “does this lead to a situation where neighbors are turning in neighbors or families turning against families?” Since when did being illegal not be a crime? HMMM???
They keep asking about the civil rights of these people, when they have to realize that the constitution does not give them any rights other than the basic human rights accorded to everyone. The news media just cannot get that when someone is an illegal immigrant, they are illegal and no law or lack of law is going to make it a crime to be illegal. Because it already is a crime. And the other part that the liberals do not understand is, that 70% of Arizona Voters favor the new state measure on cracking down on Illegal Immigration.
And to top this whole thing off, there are now five more states that have started the process to get a law like Ariizona’s. And it is like Rush said today. The only reason Obama and the Democrats are upset about the new Arizona immigration law is because it threatens their attempt at nationwide voter fraud. You have to look at it another way to get what is going on here.
We all know that the illegals are a voting block that the democrats are counting on. That is a given. They have as much said so themselves. But let’s consider this. What if, about 70 to 80% of the illegals were Conservatives instead of probably liberals?
Hmmm? I would bet if that was so, the democrats would be on the band wagon to make sure that the illegals were all shipped out of this country. And not just to the border on buses, but all the way to Mexico City.
But because the illegals are a voting block that the democrats can probably count on, they do stupid things like Boycotting Arizona Tea, because of the name Arizona. This from the New York Daily News:
Arizona iced tea has been boycotted. The left in this country is urging a boycott of Arizona iced tea.
The only problem here is, Arizona tea is manufactured not in Arizona, but in New York.
Michael Gerson, who ran a column in the Washington Post put it like this. Gerson says states do not have the authority ‘to take control of American immigration policy — an authority that Arizona has seized in order to abuse.’ The effect of the new law, he argues, will be bad for everybody: It makes it harder for illegal immigrants to live without scrutiny — but it also makes it harder for some American citizens to live without suspicion and humiliation. Americans are not accustomed to the command ‘Your papers, please,’ however politely delivered. The distinctly American response to such a request would be ‘Go to hell,’ and then ‘See you in court.’
And I have to ask again. They are here illegally. Why should they get the right to live here illegally without scrutiny? Why? Is this person soft in the head or something? The illegals essentially broke into this country to steal from us, by using our schools and our hospitals and our jobs, among other things. But let’s put it another way Mr Gerson.
What would you do, if someone broke into your house and started using all the things that were yours, without paying for them? Would you call the law, and try to get them thrown in jail? If so, why? They would be doing nothing different than the illegals are doing to our country. Stealing, and all we are saying is they need to be deported and sent back. If they want to come back…..then let them do it legally and then they would be welcomed. But when the first act that these people do is illegal and against the laws of this country, then that makes them criminals, who broke the laws of the United States.
If you wish, why don’t you look up what would happen if you were an illegal going the other way. Into Mexico and then tell me what would happen to you. I already know, but for you liberals who can’t seem to grasp the idea that these people are illegal not because of a law, but because of their actions, maybe a little research on your parts would do the trick. I doubt it, but the chance for enlightenment is there, I assure you. If you do not wish to do the research, then read Michelle Malkin’s new column titled: How Mexico treats illegal aliens, printed in the National Review.
Even Mexico’s president Felipe Calderón has accused Arizona of opening the door “to intolerance, hate, discrimination, and abuse in law enforcement.” But like Michelle Malkin says,
But Arizona has nothing on Mexico when it comes to cracking down on illegal aliens. While open-borders activists decry the new enforcement measures signed into law in “Nazi-zona” last week, they remain deaf, dumb, or willfully blind to the unapologetically restrictionist policies of our neighbors to the south.
• The Arizona law bans sanctuary cities that refuse to enforce immigration laws, stiffens penalties against illegal-alien day laborers and their employers, makes it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to complete and carry an alien-registration document, and allows the police to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they are in the U.S. legally. If those rules constitute the racist, fascist, xenophobic, inhumane regime that the National Council of La Raza, Al Sharpton, Catholic bishops, and their grievance-mongering followers claim, then what about these regulations and restrictions imposed on foreigners?
• The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?
• If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam, and prove they can provide their own health care.
• Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal-alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).
• Law-enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal-alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration-enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.
Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.
That plus the fact that having to produce papers to the authorities is nothing more than they are doing now. If they get stopped while driving a car, they are asked for their drivers license. If they produce one, then they will either be warned or given a ticket for what they were doing wrong, and let go. If they cannot produce one then they go to jail for breaking the laws. The illegal question is nothing more than that…..and you have to stop trying to make it into something it is not you liberals.
God Bless America, her troops, her allies and her people
God Bless my readers, my listeners on BTR and my viewers on You Tube…..