“It does not take a stethoscope to hear the pulse of New Yorkers…”

The title to this is part of a quote from New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, and I have to agree, though it seems that the Liberals in our government do not hear that stethoscope, but instead only hear the sledge hammer that gets slammed down on their heads when the people speak and they do not listen. Now you all know what I feel about the New York Slimes. But this article came from that slimy paper:

Spitzer Drops Bid to Offer Licenses More Widely

WASHINGTON, Nov. 14 — Gov. Eliot Spitzer formally announced today that he would abandon his plan to give driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants, conceding that his best efforts to sell New Yorkers on the merits of his proposal had clearly failed. Oh REALLY??? Does that mean that he got the message that the people didn’t want that?
The decision ends a bitter seven-week battle over the proposed policy that battered Mr. Spitzer and his fellow Democrats and drew national attention from critics of illegal immigration.
“It does not take a stethoscope to hear the pulse of New Yorkers on this topic,” Mr Spitzer said, standing with a half-dpzen members of New York’s congressional delegation who had supported his original move to give licenses to illegal immigrants.
In acknowledging one of his first major reversals as governor, Mr. Spitzer hit a few familiarly pugilistic notes, lashing into critics who, Mr. Spitzer said, “equated minimum-wage, undocumented dishwashers with Osama bin Laden.” He also said he still believed his proposal would have benefited New Yorkers, citizens and immigrants alike, and lit into federal officials for failing to fix the nation’s immigration system at the national level.
But Mr. Spitzer, who once dismissed a critic of his proposal as “factually wrong, legally wrong, morally wrong, ethically wrong,” was more conciliatory today, saying that leadership was “not solely about doing what one thinks is right.”
“I am here today to respond to the vast majority of New Yorkers of good will who have heard my best case and yet still disagree with my proposal,” Mr. Spitzer said.

Now that article, to me, shows several things. One is that no matter what, he still thinks that he is right, and the people are wrong, and two, he realizes where his power has come from….*something that most politicians do not know it seems*.

The problem here is, I see something on the lines of what Harry Reid did with the amnesty bill that he tried to force down our throats, and found out that the American people didn’t want it…..after getting his bill beat, he came back with a different version of it, in the dream act where they repackaged it and tried to force it down our throats again. I feel that Governor Spitzer will do the same thing again…..repackaging it and trying to push it through again.

People, the Liberals, do not get it. And like I have said before, I really do not consider Liberals Democrats, as we can have Liberals who are Republicans, Libertarians and Independents. I just think that Liberals, no matter what their political affiliation, is wrong. they cannot accept defeat, and they cannot accept that they are wrong. If you do not believe me, then you need to go back a few years, maybe back to 2001, and go over the things that say, Hellary Clinton has said about the War on Terror, and you should notice that over the years she has waffled back and forth on her stance, depending on what she feels the polls are saying. John Kerry has done the same things….on almost everything. Teddy Kennedy has too. So has Palosi, and Durbin. Take your pick…then check out everything they have said on one subject, and you will see their flip flops on what they talk about. Sometimes going 180° out of phase. Another instance of The Voice of Reason, in an unreasonable world…….

God Bless our Troops
God Bless my Readers and Listeners

Tired of all the Liberal Rhetoric Show

This entry was posted in Conservative Talk Blog host, National Security Concerns. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to “It does not take a stethoscope to hear the pulse of New Yorkers…”

1. Jason says:

Oh Robert, you live is such a silly world of black and white. I’m a liberal who loathes the idea of giving licenses to illegals. If they can’t fill out the paperwork to live here legally, they shouldn’t get a license. It’s not like they can’t get an international license and drive here no problem.

And if such an overwhelming amount of NYers were against it, and NY is inarguably a blue state, that tells me that plenty of the people who are against this are also liberal. Try not to be such a pigeonholer. It makes people think you’re stupid.

2. cube says:

Just in time for the dems debate tonight. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

3. jinno says:

While I don’t agree with your laying out of this particular writing (using less than clever puns to demean those you wish to debunk only lessens you, not them.) the point you drive is a good one. Unfortunately, by the same token this is politicians in general.

George W. Bush has not been without his flipflops, nor has Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani, or a number of other Republican Conservatives.

Perhaps the only reason for arguing that amnesty for Illegals is a good thing, is because of the foundation of this country. We were not established as a country with walls, we were a country that allowed those yearning to breathe free into our borders. There was a time when we turned people away only if they had a significant mention of disease that we could not allow into our country.

On that grounds, I support the idea of laxer immigration laws, however I do agree, if you want to come in, do the damned paperwork and learn English.

4. Dwana says:

Jason and Jinno, I can’t believe you both actually make sense! You’re right, Jason. Since NY is a blue state that means most of the NYers opposing dl’s for illegals are liberal. But that’s not really surprising. Most liberals, I believe, are what Bill O’Reilly calls traditionalists. They’re not socialists in sheep’s clothing. They’re nationalists, not internationalists. They’re patriots, not globalists. They believe that America is a legitimate nation and has a moral right to control it’s border and to make a distinction not just between immigrants and illegal aliens, but also between citizens and immigrants. They believe in the rule of law and that lawbreakers shouldn’t be rewarded.

So yes, NYers opposed Gov. Spitzer’s plan. That’s a shock only to those who think that “liberal” means ONLY Rosie O’Donnell, Jane Fonda, Al Sharpton or Sean Penn. It doesn’t, thank God.

5. JHC says:

You sure are full of hate. You are not a Christian. Please do not use my God’s name to describe yourself. Christians do not hate.

6. Dwana says:

JHC, I don’t know if you were accusing me or Roberf of hate but I’m telling you that that accusation is so stale it stinks. I’m SICK AND TIRED of bleeding hearts like you seem to be falling back on a rude, to put it mildly, accusation whenever they encounter people who’s opinion differs from theirs. The last time I looked up the word “hate” in the dictionary the definition was NOT “to disagree with a liberal”.

JHC, since you think you’re an expert on the nature of animosity, please explain why it’s hate to expect foreigners to enter the US legally. Please explain why it’s hate not to reward people for breaking the law. Please explain why it’s hate to believe that illegals who commit crimes against Americans should be deported. JHC, if someone of another race broke into your home would it be hate for you to call the police? Surely not!

The Left has intimidated many people into supporting its agenda, which includes open borders, by threatening to slap the “hater” label on them if they don’t. You appear to be such a person, JHC. Too bad you don’t have the fortitude to resist such bullying.

And as for the Christian thing yes, Jesus did say that one of the things His followers would do for Him is invite in strangers. But notice He used the word “invite”. He NEVER said that strangers have a right to break into your home and then demand hospitality from you once they’re there. Remember, Jesus was a Jew. The only Bible He had was what we now call the Old Testament, and He never repudiated it. And in Jesus’ Bible God said that if you kill someone breaking into your home you have NO blood guilt. Pretty serious stuff. Think about it.