President Trump took the United States out of the Paris Climate Agreement, much to the chagrin of the liberal left and the media. CNN looked like they were going insane with madness all night long. The truth be told, we were saved major troubles and damage to the United States by Trump doing this. Let me explain to all you neigh sayers out there, that follow along with CNN about what Trump did here. From Breitbart comes this one: Listen to this one you libs out there…..
Dropping out of the agreement will let the U.S. avoid several deleterious effects of the agreement. For you who do not know what deleterious means, it means harmful often in a subtle or unexpected ways. It means
1. Goodbye to ‘American Last.’ The Paris agreement was basically an attempt to halt climate change on the honor system. Its only legal requirements were for signatories to announce goals and report progress, with no international enforcement mechanism. As a result, it was likely that the United States and wealthy European nations would have adopted and implemented severe climate change rules while many of the world’s governments would avoid doing anything that would slow their own economies. The agreement basically made the U.S. economy and Europe’s strongest economies sacrificial lambs to the cause of climate change.
2. Industrial Carnage. The regulations necessary to implement the Paris agreement would have cost the U.S. industrial sector 1.1 million jobs, according to a study commissioned by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. These job losses would center in cement, iron and steel, and petroleum refining. Industrial output would decline sharply.
3. Hollowing Out Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. The industrial carnage would have been concentrated on four states, according to the Chamber of Commerce study. Michigan’s GDP would shrink by 0.8 percent and employment would contract by 74,000 jobs. Missouri’s GDP would shrink by 1 percent. Ohio’s GDP would contract 1.2 percent. Pennsylvania’s GDP would decline by 1.8 percent and the state would lose 140,000 jobs.
4. Smashing Small Businesses, Helping Big Business. Big businesses in America strongly backed the Paris climate deal. In fact, the backers of the climate deal reads like a “who’s who” of big American businesses: Apple, General Electric, Intel, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, General Mills, Walmart, DuPont, Unilever, and Johnson & Johnson. These business giants can more easily cope with costly regulations than their smaller competitors and many would, in fact, find business opportunities from the changes required. But smaller businesses and traditional start-ups would likely be hurt by the increased costs of compliance and rising energy costs.
5. Making America Poorer Again. A Heritage Foundation study found that the Paris agreement would have increased the electricity costs of an American family of four by between 13 percent and 20 percent annually. It forecast a loss of income of $20,000 by 2035. In other words, American families would be paying more while making less.
6. Much Poorer. The overall effect of the agreement would have been to reduce U.S. GDP by over $2.5 trillion and eliminate 400,000 jobs by 2035, according to Heritage’s study. This would exacerbate problems with government funding and deficits, make Social Security solvency more challenging, and increase reliance on government’s spending to support households.
The Paris deal was, in short, a disaster for America and a nothing-burger for climate. Yes folks, it would have cost us billions, if not trillions of dollars over the years and would have done nothing for climate, but would have decimated many things here in America that are the staple of this economy. This country would have suffered greatly. And no, you libs, America does not deserve to suffer that way.
Without America, the world would be a much poorer place, no matter what Obama and CNN and the left, and the media are trying to tell us. The sad part is, being able to watch people and CNN daily at work, I see the effect of the constant America bashing and Trump bashing on people. Many believe it, when in fact if the truth be told of what Trump is doing, those many who believe the Trump bashing from the left would actually be cheering what he is doing.